Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
VEEGUM® Ultra clay is a unique acidic smectite clay. It produces dispersions in the 4.2 to 5.2 pH range, making it particularly suitable for topicals. It is especially easy to hydrate, taking no more than 15 minutes in most cases. It is whiter and brighter than other clays, which carries over to the finished formula. Typical use levels are between 0.5% and 2%. INCI Name: Magnesium Aluminum Silicate.
Because of its unique nature, VEEGUM® Ultra clay is an exception. It is relatively unaffected by changes in hydration parameters. Adequate hydration of this product will be achieved in most cases in no more than 15 minutes. Increasing mixing intensity, mixing time or water temperature will not significantly affect its degree of hydration. Some applications for this product are lotions creams, cleansers, shaving creams and liquid foundations.
- Ethnic Skin & Hair Care Formulary No. 930 (English) - Google Translate
- Index To Literature: Vanatural®, Veegum®, Van Gel® & Vanzan (English) - Google Translate
- Performance Products From The Specialties Department Of R.T. Vanderbilt Company, Inc. (English) - Google Translate
- Quick Reference Guide - VANATURAL®, VEEGUM® & VAN GEL® (English) - Google Translate
- The Use of Veegum® or Van Gel® and Vanzan® in Personal Care/Household Wipes (English) - Google Translate
- VEEGUM®/VAN GEL®: The Story (English) - Google Translate