Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
VEEGUM® R is the original and most widely used grade. VEEGUM® R is USP/NF Magnesium Aluminum Silicate Type IA. VEEGUM® clays are used as nonmigratory binders in tablets, sticks, and pressed cakes. They do not migrate to the product surface during drying, thereby ensuring uniformity and the desired level of hardness, rub- off, and color value. They also function as low-bulk disintegrants in pharmaceutical and industrial tablets, particularly in massive tablets where the active ingredient makes up the major weight and bulk of the composition.
VEEGUM® R is used in all types of cosmetics and personal care products. Some of these applications include creams, lotions, shampoos, eyeliner, mascara, liquid foundations, skin treatments and hair conditioners.
- Index To Literature: Vanatural®, Veegum®, Van Gel® & Vanzan (English) - Google Translate
- Performance Products From The Specialties Department Of R.T. Vanderbilt Company, Inc. (English) - Google Translate
- Quick Reference Guide - VANATURAL®, VEEGUM® & VAN GEL® (English) - Google Translate
- The Use of Veegum® or Van Gel® and Vanzan® in Personal Care/Household Wipes (English) - Google Translate
- VEEGUM®/VAN GEL®: The Story (English) - Google Translate