Ahiflower™ Oil is a Nature's Crops brand of Buglossoides arvensis seed oil from the Boraginacea family. It contains two nutritionally-important Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids; stearidonic acid (SDA) and gamma-linolinic acid (GLA). Ahiflower™ Oil is a domestically-produced, plant-based source of omega 3 fatty acid (suitable for vegetarians and vegans). This product contains high levels of SDA, which converts more efficiently to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DPA (docosapentaenoic acid) than oils containing ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) such as flaxseed oil.
Ahiflower™ Oil is non-genetically modified, and produced under sustainable and environmentally responsible crop production methods following TCI’s proprietary Crop Assured 365® identity preservation and quality assurance system. It is derived from plants, thus removing the risk of contaminants sometimes associated with fish oil. Once commercialized, Ahiflower™ Oil is expected to have applications in nutritional foods, nutraceuticals, personal care, and pharmaceuticals.
- Ahiflower™ Comparison Chart (English) - Google Translate
- Ahiflower™ Oil- A Proprietary New Oil Offering A Rich, Plant-Based Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (English) - Google Translate
Technology Crops International makes their documentation available in the regions in blue below:
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Nut, Seed and Kernel Oils
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Fatty Acids ~ Omega 6 Fatty Acids ~ Gamma-Linolenic Acid
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Fatty Acids ~ Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil(Omega 3))